Hemlock Creek Pack
Hello! Welcome to the Hemlock Creek Pack forums. It is mandatory that all new members register here. If you are a guest browsing, we encourage you to check out our joining section if you become interested in becoming part of our group. Thanks!
Hemlock Creek Pack
Hello! Welcome to the Hemlock Creek Pack forums. It is mandatory that all new members register here. If you are a guest browsing, we encourage you to check out our joining section if you become interested in becoming part of our group. Thanks!
Hemlock Creek Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hemlock Creek Pack

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Updates/Announcements º1

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Taru
Dominant
Taru

Updates/Announcements º1 Empty
PostSubject: Updates/Announcements º1   Updates/Announcements º1 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:45 am

I. Reward System

We have now implemented our point system which can earn rewards for every member of the pack. Through activity and dedication, Pallatsera Points will be dealt to all users. More points can be accumulated through entering contests, winning contests, or just being active and productive on the forums. Points can be traded in for different prizes - some greater than others - and will be valued at different amounts. Things such as signature art by Auriella, artwork by Nocturne, official pack nicknames, etc, will be available. Make sure to work hard towards earning those amazing prizes!
      Check out the thread: https://hemlock-creek-pack.rpg-board.net/t17-point-rewards#147

II. Roleplay

As we all begin to settles in to the community of this new, thriving pack, make sure to become active in the roleplay! Our affinity comes from the interaction of our canid characters within the fictional story of our growing group. Joy, sorrow, love, find it all within the boundaries of our territory. Share wonderful experiences and adventures with others as you see the clash and growth of personalities as history is created within the Hemlock Creek Pack. Let your imagination run wild, but all I ask is you remember the few boundaries we have and that the roleplay is nothing personal. Please keep the drama and emotion of the roleplay out of the chat and everyday communication. Your wolf character is simply that, a character in a wide story that everyone builds upon one another.

III. Future Contest Ideas

Perhaps your a writer and would enjoy a short-story contest? Let me know. Maybe you prefer drawing more than writing and would like a pack art tribute contest instead? Shoot me a PM. There are also those who don't fall under either category and wish to have an original contest that they have thought of. For any reason you find yourself yearning for any kind of contest, just notify me. I want to hear everyone's ideas in hopes of finding a grand contest that everyone would enjoy.

IV. Growing the Pack

The key to making a great pack is its members. Right now, we have very little, but they all harbor great quality.

A. Recruitment of new members/Advertisement - I'd love for us to grow as a community and find other potential recruits to boost our numbers. With more members, means more activity and more fun when it comes to contests, roleplay, etc. Advertising this new, but growing, group would be great for showing its potential. I'd love to hear everyone's advertisement ideas and how we could possibly snag a few members here and there. Believe it or not, this group has great potential and frankly, I'm quite proud of it right now. It can't go anywhere but up and I believe gaining more great members like the ones we have now would really help us out.

B. Filling in Top Ranks - I feel leadership is extremely important when it comes to raising up a pack. Normally, I would not decide upon lead ranks until we had more members but I'd like to begin filling in at least the Beta and Delta positions. The current, small group of members we have right now is reliable and I believe that some have shown great leadership potential. In the near future, I'd like to start assigning the ranks mentioned above to some loyal and active users. I will possibly wait until more member join, but if anything, I will see how everyone acts as a member around the forums before deciding my decisions. Just a heads up to let you know, I'm always watching!
Back to top Go down
https://hemlock-creek-pack.rpg-board.net
Philyra
Sentinel
Philyra

PostSubject: Re: Updates/Announcements º1   Updates/Announcements º1 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:48 am

Well this news is all certainly exciting! As for advertising, I had a few ideas. I've seen a lot of packs with Alliances? They have the name and link for other packs. Maybe we could do that ,find the most active packs and apply for alliances?
Back to top Go down
Taru
Dominant
Taru

PostSubject: Re: Updates/Announcements º1   Updates/Announcements º1 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:41 pm

I think that is a marvelous idea, Phily! Thanks for suggesting. I will keep that in mind and will probably begin requesting alliances soon.
Back to top Go down
Philyra
Sentinel
Philyra

PostSubject: Re: Updates/Announcements º1   Updates/Announcements º1 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 5:14 pm

Awesome! We could maybe even make it a sort of contest?
Back to top Go down
Taru
Dominant
Taru

PostSubject: Re: Updates/Announcements º1   Updates/Announcements º1 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 5:22 pm

Hm that sounds interesting. Would you mind explaining some more?
Back to top Go down
Philyra
Sentinel
Philyra

PostSubject: Re: Updates/Announcements º1   Updates/Announcements º1 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 5:50 pm

Well it could be the person who makes the most alliances, but there would be guidelines. Like the pack has to have a certain amount of members, have x number of pages/pageviews, be this or that active. That sort of thing
Back to top Go down
Taru
Dominant
Taru

PostSubject: Re: Updates/Announcements º1   Updates/Announcements º1 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 6:02 pm

I really like that idea, Phily. I'll think it over and see if I can come up with a few specifics for the contest. The reason I love the idea is because we can kill two birds with one stone here. Get some advertisement out of the way and get a contest going! C:
Back to top Go down
Philyra
Sentinel
Philyra

PostSubject: Re: Updates/Announcements º1   Updates/Announcements º1 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 6:03 pm

Hahaha thats what I was thinking! And glad you like it (:
Back to top Go down
Kegan
Guardian
Kegan

PostSubject: Re: Updates/Announcements º1   Updates/Announcements º1 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 1:46 pm

I know i said this on the thread, but if you would like i could make Rank descriptions for the thread that are slightly more personal for this pack. Also i can go around to packs i am already well known in and see what recruiting/possible alliances i can find.
Back to top Go down
Taru
Dominant
Taru

PostSubject: Re: Updates/Announcements º1   Updates/Announcements º1 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 2:38 pm

Ok, that would be great if you got started on those descriptions then, Kegan! That will help make the pack more personal to others and I like that idea.

As for your advertisement ideas, make sure you use your popularity in other groups when we begin our Advertisement Contest. I will be posting information about that soon!
Back to top Go down
Kegan
Guardian
Kegan

PostSubject: Re: Updates/Announcements º1   Updates/Announcements º1 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:35 pm

Dominants--
Drawn together through sheer will, these wolves are the leaders of the pack. They do not often rebuke, but when they speak it is impossible for the pack not to hear. Respect is key for these wolves and they thrive upon it. They lead the pack with grace and wisdom, but they know their limits, they have their weakness, but what is weakness to a wolf when it leads a pack such as this? Leaders among wolves is the whispered words.

Betas--
Second to the great leaders these wolves have worked hard within the pack, never tiring in their positions. They see something that needs done, and are there, not always the easiest of wolves to get along with, never think that they don't care. chosen becuase they compliment the Dominants in wisdom and truth, these wolves are the second in command. Burning brightly they stand ready.

Deltas--
Third in command, do not think these wolves are any less important to the pack, perish the thought. They come from the shadows and protect what is theirs. These wolves are not ruthless but they will never give up their pursuit for a better life. Along with the Beta's they have certain aspects that couple the higher ranks. Between these six wolves nothing is impossible.

Guardians--
Forever Faithful. Always Loyal. Protectors of the pack, and their own special brand of leaders. Not always large wolves, these members come from different backgrounds and are suited to the tough way of life that is expected from them. It is not an easy job set before them, but they face it with pride and honor, warriors of a forgotten era. The Eyes in the darkness.

Sentinels--
Quirky characters, these wolves have an odd job ahead of them. For the most part these wolves take to paths like a second nature. They are always in the need to learn everything about a particular territory they are in then is probably healthy. Have a question about a new territory, it is likely that these wolves could tell you the history. Quick minded and nimble of foot, these wolves are always on the move.

Hunters--
the eyes of our hunger, they wait in the shadows prepared to do what it takes to feed a thriving packs bellies. Well versed in the methods of hunting, and nearly as skilled as the guardians, these wolves have spent long years toning their bodies for just the right balance and speed needed to bring down any amount of prey. And they aren't afraid to brag about it either.

Here are some quickly made up ones. I don't really like what i did with the first three so i will probably re-do them and send you another copy of them, but they will do for now. Feel free to change!
Back to top Go down
Taru
Dominant
Taru

PostSubject: Re: Updates/Announcements º1   Updates/Announcements º1 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:44 pm

Thank you so much, Kegan. I will add them up as soon as I can. Once you decide on changes you might add, just shoot me a PM. (:
Back to top Go down
Philyra
Sentinel
Philyra

PostSubject: Re: Updates/Announcements º1   Updates/Announcements º1 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:16 pm

Wow! I love the new descriptions!
Back to top Go down
Taru
Dominant
Taru

PostSubject: Re: Updates/Announcements º1   Updates/Announcements º1 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:16 pm

I've added up the ranks and only edited them a little. They are great, thanks again Kegan!
Back to top Go down
Philyra
Sentinel
Philyra

PostSubject: Re: Updates/Announcements º1   Updates/Announcements º1 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:17 pm

What a snazzy revamp we're getting!
Back to top Go down
Taru
Dominant
Taru

PostSubject: Re: Updates/Announcements º1   Updates/Announcements º1 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:18 pm

Indeed! I may completely re-do the first post at one point in time, but probably later on.
Back to top Go down
Auriella
Hunter
Auriella

PostSubject: Re: Updates/Announcements º1   Updates/Announcements º1 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 2:26 pm

"And they aren't afraid to brag about it either." Ahaha. The descriptions are great Kegs!
Back to top Go down
Philyra
Sentinel
Philyra

PostSubject: Re: Updates/Announcements º1   Updates/Announcements º1 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 2:52 pm

(: And I beleive a contest started today!
Back to top Go down
Taru
Dominant
Taru

PostSubject: Re: Updates/Announcements º1   Updates/Announcements º1 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 5:06 pm

It has, thanks for letting everyone know, Phily.

I hope everyone enters! (:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Updates/Announcements º1   Updates/Announcements º1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Updates/Announcements º1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hemlock Creek Pack :: W I T H I N │ T H E │ P A C K :: News & Announcements-
Jump to: