Hemlock Creek Pack
Hello! Welcome to the Hemlock Creek Pack forums. It is mandatory that all new members register here. If you are a guest browsing, we encourage you to check out our joining section if you become interested in becoming part of our group. Thanks!
Hemlock Creek Pack
Hello! Welcome to the Hemlock Creek Pack forums. It is mandatory that all new members register here. If you are a guest browsing, we encourage you to check out our joining section if you become interested in becoming part of our group. Thanks!
Hemlock Creek Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hemlock Creek Pack

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Roleplay Guide/What You Need To Know

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Taru
Dominant
Taru

Roleplay Guide/What You Need To Know Empty
PostSubject: Roleplay Guide/What You Need To Know   Roleplay Guide/What You Need To Know Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 9:45 pm

What We Roleplay
At [b]Hemlock Creek/b], we roleplay with characters that are our wolves we have created. Using one another, we build up a sort of story with our characters in the roleplay. Whether grand adventures or sad happenings, the pack still stay strong, and that's what counts! We roleplay realistic events that could happen among a wild wolf pack, such as hunting prey and fighting to stay alive. This ensures fun and exciting things everyday in the roleplay.

Why We Roleplay
In nature, wolf packs are closely bonded and social. We want the same for this pack as well. Our roleplay areas allow our members to interact with one another, creating stories and adventures as they go. This helps to bond and keep our pack close, while giving us something fun to do. If we have something holding us together besides the WQ thread, our members are more likely to stay active and be helpful members.

Where We Roleplay
Our roleplay takes place in the territory of Hemlock Creek Pack, one of the many packs that roam the greater Yellowstone Area. The territory holds many animals, including - Elk, Moose, Deer, Cougars, Bears, Coyotes, Boars, and plenty of others.

When We Roleplay
The pack roleplays all the time, whenever possible. There is no time limit of when or when you can't post. This allows the posts to build up over time, creating a history for the pack. For example, if someone posts one day, someone else can still post days later, depending on the activity level. We just don't want someone posting about something that happened awhile ago, when everyone else has moved on. The environment of the roleplay will be updated as the seasons change, maybe for prey abundance or baby animals in the spring.

How We Roleplay
We roleplay here in third person. You are like a story-teller, as if you were explaining the actions of your wolf and its surroundings. An example is below to help you understand:

Correct:
Dakota moved silently among the tall trees of the forest, her form hidden well with the backdrop of the shadows. Her ears flicked forward at the sound of something in front of her, nostrils flaring as they strained to identify what exactly. In an instant, a deer fawn burst from its hiding place, panic fueling its foolish decision. Averi burst forward, her paws propelling her to give chase.

Incorrect:
I moved silently among the tall trees of the forest, my form hidden well with the backdrop of the shadows. My ears flicked forward at the sound of something in front of me, nostrils flaring as they strained to identify what exactly. In an instant, a deer fawn burst from its hiding place, panic fueling its foolish decision. I burst forward, my paws propelling me to give chase.
Back to top Go down
https://hemlock-creek-pack.rpg-board.net

Roleplay Guide/What You Need To Know
Page 1 of 1